Based in Centurion (PTA), Corney de Villiers (also known as Meneer Kleynhans de Villiers) is a multi-talented young, up-and-coming freelance musician & teacher. Having started out on drums at the age of 14, he successfully completed two diplomas in Contemporary Music majoring in Drums / Bass Guitar respectively.
Ever since of course, he's been actively involved in the Music Industry as both a passionate player and teacher on both his instruments, influenced by a diverse range of music, having played for some top bands (Sum of 5 & the Roadside Jazz Trio, among others) at various venues/events (such as corporate & private functions, weddings, Gospel events, charity events, festivals, casino's, clubs/pubs & churches) and having shared stages with many top industry professionals (Boki Ntsime, Connie Bentlage, Lindsey Mcguire, Sonsteek and many more).
Corney teaches private drumming / bass guitar lessons of a variety of styles/genres (Jazz, Blues, Rock, Pop, Funk and more) to students from beginner to intermediate levels and ages 10 & up, as well as guest lecture opportunities.
- In search of a reliable new bandmate?
- Need a session player for your next gig?
- Ever wanted to learn to play the drums or bass guitar?
- Perhaps you can play, but have you ever wanted to take a more in-depth look at music theory?
- Looking for a passionate & professional music teacher?
If you answered "yes" to any of the questions above, then Meneer Kleynhans de Villiers is the guy for you!
In a relaxed, one-on-one setting, applicants may enjoy learning not only how to play an instrument, read & write music or understanding & applying music theory/notation, but also various other tricks of the trade such as:
- What to look out for when buying your next instrument.
- Instrument Set-up & maintenance.
- Building a relationship with you instrument.
- Aspects pertaining to music business and the general Music Industry.
Corney focuses on moving at a comfortable pace, suited to (and determined by) the individual learner, not drilling, confusing or pressuring them in any way.
The basic course outline is based on individual assessment of each applicant's current skills & abilities (if any) - ranging from the very basics in case of beginners, up to more advanced concepts for the more experienced players.
Some of the things you'll be learning: